Light Sports Aircraft (450kg-600kg)
Requirements for the National Pilots Licence:
- A valid student pilots license
- A student should be at least 17 years of age
- A Class 4 Flight Medical Certificate.
This medical certificate can be obtained from a SACAA approved Medical Examiner and is valid for 24 months. If you are unsure on where to find a SACAA approved Medical Examiner please contact us and we will provide you with the relevant details.
- A valid restricted radio certificate
- A minimum of 20 hours dual flying.
- A minimum of 15 hours solo flying.
- Passed all ground school subjects.
What will the NPL cost me?
- Aircraft Hire - Sling min. 35hrs: R40 250(R1150 x 35hrs)
- Flight Instructor - min. 35hrs: R9 100 (R260 X 35hrs)
- Ground School and Briefings: R18 200
- Books and Equipment: R2 053
- SPL/PPl: R740
- Courier: R780
- RAASA Exams, incl. 6 exam fees, excl. re-writes: R600
- RAASA Exam Registration: R200
- WCMC Membership: R1 300 (pa)
(This excludes the cost of the final flight test, Medical, Radio licence, Language proficiency test and Landing fees)
Prices are subject to change without notice.
If you have any questions please visit the FAQ page or contact us.