About the Sling
The Sling was designed with the aim of creating the most practical and desirable light sport aircraft available.
Some of the features which make the Sling such a fine aircraft include:
- Her flying characteristics - perfectly coordinated and highly responsive controls (she feels like a fighter jet without being over-sensitive)
- Her performance - close to the best across the full range of qualities;
- Her aluminum construction - for ease and consistency of construction and proven strength and lifespan
- Her airframe strength and durability – she won't break easily and if you treat her right, she'll last you for the rest of your life
- Her excellent instrumentation options
- Her wide cockpit, excellent all around view and substantial luggage capacity
- The incorporation, by design, of a ballistic parachute for safety
- The use of high quality components throughout
No single aircraft can fulfill the special needs of every pilot. Nevertheless, The Airplane Factory believes that the Sling enjoys a set of qualities that will fulfill the needs, at the highest level, of many pilots and flight training schools.
- Engine:Rotax 912 ULS
- Propeller:Three blade ground adjustable
- Gross weight: 600kg
- Speed: Max Cruise - 107kts (TAS)
- Wing Span: 9.165 m
- Fuel grade: High octane gasoline DIN 51600, O-NORM 1103 (red) Unleaded gasoline DIN 51603, O-NORM 1101 AVGAS 100LL
About the Mooney
- The mooney is an M20J.
- It has a 4 cylinder fuel injected lycoming IO-360-A1B6D 200HP engine.
- It’s top speed in level flight in 201MPH ( Book figure).
- It has a usable fuel capacity of 64 USG and an endurance of just over 6 hours.
- Its maximum all up weight MAUW is 2740Lbs with a useful load of around 1100LBS.